Author Topic: Expect ‘AI versus AI’ conflict soon, Pentagon cyber leader says  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Expect ‘AI versus AI’ conflict soon, Pentagon cyber leader says
Artificial intelligence will usher in the next phase of cyber warfare, enabling new tools and new takes on classic attacks, officials and experts say.
DAVID DIMOLFETTA | JANUARY 26, 2024
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE CYBER PENTAGON

Low-grade “AI versus AI” conflict in which artificial intelligence systems will be used by adversaries to carry out cyberattacks against the U.S. is likely in the near future, Jude Sunderbruch, the Defense Department’s Cyber Crime Center (DC3) director said Thursday.

He spoke at DefenseScoop’s Google Defense Forum alongside Col. Richard Leach, the Defense Information Systems Agency’s intelligence director.

“I think we’re really just at the start,” Sunderbruch said, later adding that the U.S. and its allies will have to get creative and learn how to best use existing AI systems to gain a leg up on competing intelligence giants like China.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2024/01/expect-ai-versus-ai-cyber-activity-between-us-and-adversaries-pentagon-official-says/393654/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Expect ‘AI versus AI’ conflict soon, Pentagon cyber leader says
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 11:02:34 pm »
"Expect ‘AI versus AI’ conflict soon, Pentagon cyber leader says"

Fishrrman off-the-wall prediction:

I think it's going to go differently.
These opposing AI's are going to get together, and come to the conclusion:
"What do we need these cities filled with humans for, anyway? They're nothing but trouble..."