Author Topic: US Air Force is one step closer to getting remotely piloted cargo aircraft  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Air Force is one step closer to getting remotely piloted cargo aircraft

By
Dylan Malyasov
Feb 2, 2024
Modified date: 9 seconds ago

Reliable Robotics, a leading player in autonomous aircraft systems, announced that it has received military airworthiness approval to begin flight testing and operational missions of its remotely piloted Cessna 208 Caravan cargo aircraft for the U.S. Air Force.

According to a press release from the company, this milestone represents an elevated level of engagement with the Department of Defense (DoD) as Reliable Robotics is now equipped to showcase its dual-use automated flight capabilities tailored to military applications, including cargo missions.

Dr. David O’Brien, Major General (Ret.) and Senior Vice President of Government Solutions at Reliable Robotics, emphasized the significance of this achievement, stating, “Nothing compares to showcasing how our autonomous flight capabilities will immediately enable new ways for the U.S. Air Force and other departments of the military to lead with innovation, improve safety and project power across the globe.”

https://defence-blog.com/us-air-force-is-one-step-closer-to-getting-remotely-piloted-cargo-aircraft/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson