Author Topic: Desert Could Get Nearly Foot of Snow as Temperatures Drop  (Read 244 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Desert Could Get Nearly Foot of Snow as Temperatures Drop
« on: February 02, 2024, 11:05:49 am »

Desert Could Get Nearly Foot of Snow as Temperatures Drop
Story by Anna Skinner • 15h

Desert climates in two states could experience heavy snowfall and dropping temperatures as an atmospheric river progresses inland after lashing the West Coast.

The atmospheric river arrived in California on Thursday, bringing excessive rainfall. The system will bring perilous weather, including heavy snow and strong winds, to several states as it continued its trek eastward. A cold front will drop temperatures across much of the western U.S., including in parts of the Great Basin Desert in Utah, and in desert mountains across much of New Mexico over the weekend.

Maps Show Where Atmospheric River Threatens Dangerous Flooding, Snow
"This will be affecting much of the western U.S. over the next 24 to 48 hours," NWS meteorologist Michael Anand told Newsweek.

The incoming storm prompted a special weather statement to be issued for much of New Mexico, warning residents that snow upwards of 10 inches could fall in some of the mountainous regions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/desert-could-get-nearly-foot-of-snow-as-temperatures-drop/ar-BB1hCSHJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=7dcfeea80a0141fb9454a907e743cc3d&ei=72
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson