Author Topic: Kansas city says it WANTS migrants to move there with $15,000 'Choose Topeka' campaign to lure borde  (Read 990 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Kansas city says it WANTS migrants to move there with $15,000 'Choose Topeka' campaign to lure border crossers to the Dem-led city to fill 7,000 open jobs
Story by Nic White For Dailymail.Com • 13h

Topeka began a program to lure new residents with cash payouts in 2019

The city started targeting migrants last year to add to its workforce

It comes as cities like New York, Chicago and Denver are struggling to cope

A small American city is so desperate for workers it doesn't just want migrants to move there - it will pay them $15,000 to come.

Cities like New York, Chicago, and Denver are struggling to care for 100,000 migrants bussed in from Texas as up to 10,000 cross from Mexico every day.

But Topeka, the capital of Kansas, wishes a few of those buses would come its way to join its growing Hispanic community that makes up 17 per cent of the population.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kansas-city-says-it-wants-migrants-to-move-there-with-15-000-choose-topeka-campaign-to-lure-border-crossers-to-the-dem-led-city-to-fill-7-000-open-jobs/ar-BB1hDbgK?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=7dcfeea80a0141fb9454a907e743cc3d&ei=47
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't think I have  ever been to  KC.

Does  it really suck THAT much?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

I don't think I have  ever been to  KC.

Does  it really suck THAT much?

Topeka ain't Kansas City (KC) @sneakypete
KC is on the eastern border of KS, Topeka is roughly 60 miles west of KC on the Kansas River.
I have been to Topeka many times, as my mother's kin hail mainly from Wamego KS, about 50 miles north by east of Topeka, with Topeka being the nearest town of considerable size.

Offline The_Reader_David

KC is on the eastern border of KS, Topeka is roughly 60 miles west of KC on the Kansas River.
I have been to Topeka many times, as my mother's kin hail mainly from Wamego KS, about 50 miles north by east of Topeka, with Topeka being the nearest town of considerable size.

...from Wamego KS, about 50 miles west by northwest of Topeka...  (When did you visit your mother's kin last?)

So you don't think Manhattan, KS, population 50K and home of the Kansas State University Wildcats is a town of considerable size?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

...from Wamego KS, about 50 miles west by northwest of Topeka...  (When did you visit your mother's kin last?)

Right. Thanks for the correction. I misspoke.

So you don't think Manhattan, KS, population 50K and home of the Kansas State University Wildcats is a town of considerable size?

No, that ain't what I think... Been to Manhattan more than Topeka. But prior to the internet, when things were warehoused and peddled through retail outlets, there were things that were not available in Manhattan, which would require a trip to Topeka. There was only once that we had to go on through to Kansas City to get something, that I recall, but driving to Topeka for something or another was nearly always a thing when we were there to visit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Paging Governor Abbott:
Please pick up the nearest courtesy phone -- more buses need north...

Offline berdie

One should always be careful of what one wishes for. jmho

Offline mountaineer

Wendy Patterson
@wendyp4545
A word of warning: If the government flashes money in front of your face to take in criminal illegal aliens, even in your rental properties, don't do it.
Once they establish residency the money will stop and you won't be able to legally get rid of them.
1:50 PM · Feb 2, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

OK,I  apologize for the  confusion.

So,does Topeka really suck that much?

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

OK,I  apologize for the  confusion.

@sneakypete

Dunno... It's been a couple decades since I been there. But to me it sucked even then, but my view on big towns and certainly cities, colors that view with a very broad brush.

Heck Missoula sucks and that is smaller than Topeka... Even here is starting to suck. Give me a cabin up on the Yaak River any day

Offline The_Reader_David

@roamer_1

Yeah, pretty much.  It doesn't have a commercial airport, the downtown is essentially dead, they overbuilt shopping malls and have completely dead ones.  It's pretty much a government town in a state that isn't fond of government. 

I used to get there a lot because the one thing Topeka does have is the only serious ballet school in Kansas, and my daughter from the age of 3 to the age of 18 wanted to be a ballerina. (She did get to be Clara in Topeka's production of the Nutcracker, but finally gave up on it after getting one of the more demanding roles in the Nutcracker with a semi-professional company in Omaha and seeing how actual professional ballet dancers live.)  The ballet mistress who ran it used to also choreograph for the National Ballet of Paraguay and made costumes for a lot of major companies.  She retired and one of the schools alumni who danced with the Topeka company when my daughter was, who went on to a professional career in a minor company on the East Coast came back with a Russian husband who also danced ballet and now runs it in a more spacious facility.  (Yes, some male ballet dancers are straight.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 02:29:41 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thanks for the info!

I had NO freaking idea there would be a ballet school in Kansas.

Shows how wrong you  can be when you allow yourself to just guess about something you know,and care,nothing about.

Offline DB

May they get what they're asking for...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
May they get what they're asking for...

@DB

The problem is they will NOT remain there. They will be looking for a new place to go that provides them with better housing,health care,larger welfare checks,etc,etc,etc,and move there the instant they discover where they have to go.

Offline DB

@DB

The problem is they will NOT remain there. They will be looking for a new place to go that provides them with better housing,health care,larger welfare checks,etc,etc,etc,and move there the instant they discover where they have to go.

If they're in the country, better there than here.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@DB

Yep. THey will cash in their sign up bonus and look for greener pastures elsewhere.

They are illegal immigrants. Send them home. This only makes sense (from a legal standpoint) if it is s sting to collect and ship out the illegals in the wind.

Otherwise it is patent insanity. Cultural suicide.

Did Topeka even make this offer to Americans?

(I'd bet there are a few realtors in the shadows, or maybe even right up front in this.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 04:50:33 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis