Author Topic: Declining U.S. Military Strength Reveals a Deeper Leadership Crisis | Opinion  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Declining U.S. Military Strength Reveals a Deeper Leadership Crisis | Opinion
Opinion by Kevin Roberts • 23h

Earlier this month, President Joe Biden gave a speech at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania—the site where George Washington and his depleted band of soldiers famously endured starvation and the tremendous cold of the winter of 1777-78.

Biden's purpose for choosing this site was to suggest that in 2024, "democracy is on the ballot." But Americans see through his platitudes. The 2024 election will not be about an abstract concept—it will be about Biden's record as president. On that score, the location of his speech served as just another reminder of how weak our military has become under his leadership.

On Sunday, the Heritage Foundation released its annual Index of U.S. Military Strength—a one-of-a-kind report card that empowers the American people to see how our armed forces stack up against the growing array of threats to our national security. Unsurprisingly, this year's report indicates that shortfalls in capacity and capability leave our military weaker today than at any point since we began publishing our report 10 years ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/declining-u-s-military-strength-reveals-a-deeper-leadership-crisis-opinion/ar-BB1hBrCw?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=7dcfeea80a0141fb9454a907e743cc3d&ei=26
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I understand there is at least ONE female Special Forces soldier serving on an  A-Team as the Assistant Team Leder. This was a couple of years ago,so unless she has already been promoted to being a General Officer,she is almost certainly a Team Leader by now.

Could she  have POSSIBLY completed SF Training Group while being held to the same standards as the male trainees?

Not one freaking chance in hell.

Not because she didn't want to or didn't try,but because she just wasn't strong enough.

Not that it matters. This was tried in the past,and officers were forced into retirement while NCO's were sent to non-SF units for not passing the women trainees. I don't remember the exact details at this moment,but 1 E-7 and 1 E-8 that were booted out of SF for not passing a female trainee took their cases to court and actually won a settlement that gave them their rank back,the fines they had been forced to pay,and an offer to give them another SF assignment.

Which they refused.

Ifn ah didun no betta,ah mite spect dey wuz thinkin it wuz a trap so dey could be knocked down again.

You can bet your ass they would have been marked men if they had ever put their uniforms and berets on again and gone back to work at a SF Group.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!