Author Topic: Report: Fired USS Lake Erie captain instilled a ‘culture of fear’  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: Fired USS Lake Erie captain instilled a ‘culture of fear’
By Sarah Sicard
 Feb 1, 05:00 AM

Capt. Danielle DeFant was relieved as commanding officer of the cruiser Lake Erie in October. (Navy)
The commanding officer of the cruiser Lake Erie fostered a hostile environment on the ship by tormenting crew members before she was relieved of duty in October, according to a Navy investigation obtained by Navy Times.

Capt. Danielle DeFant — who commanded the ship for roughly 14 months — was ousted following an investigation that began after three unnamed subordinates aired grievances about “toxic command climate and/or sexual discrimination.”

A Freedom of Information Act request filed by KPBS in San Diego first revealed details of the Navy’s investigation.

Go here to read the full investigation.

The probe reveals instances where DeFant screamed at and berated subordinates — particularly the officers — creating a “toxic” situation.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/02/01/report-fired-uss-lake-erie-captain-instilled-a-culture-of-fear/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Report: Fired USS Lake Erie captain instilled a ‘culture of fear’
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 06:03:37 pm »
That is all she did to get fired?  She's a woman, and judging from her picture likely gay, which means she should have been given much wider latitude to f*ck things up. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson