Author Topic: Lawmakers question SMA on Army recruiting progress as reforms unfold  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lawmakers question SMA on Army recruiting progress as reforms unfold
By Davis Winkie
 Jan 31, 02:02 PM

Correction: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated that Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Weimer told Congress that the Army recruiting’s fiscal year 2024 performance is “up a little bit, but they’re not where they need to be.” That was incorrect. Weimer was responding to a question about fiscal 2023 numbers.

As the Army feverishly works to implement a raft of recruiting reforms, the service’s top noncommissioned officer testified before lawmakers Wednesday on the topic.

Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Weimer, who spoke before a House panel focused on service member quality of life issues, touted the success of some of the service’s interim efforts, such as the Future Soldier Prep Course. The pre-training camp is designed to help hopeful soldiers improve their test scores or physical fitness so they can qualify for enlistment.

According to Weimer’s written testimony, the prep course graduated nearly 13,000 soldiers in fiscal year 2023. The Army will conduct long-term studies on career outcomes for its graduates, who have a slightly higher basic training completion rate than their peers, according to Weimer.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2024/01/31/lawmakers-question-sma-on-army-recruiting-progress-as-reforms-unfold/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Lawmakers question SMA on Army recruiting progress as reforms unfold
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 05:57:20 pm »
There are a few proven things they need to restart to jump start recruiting:

1.  Restart the witch hunts against white conservative troops which were so effective.

2.  Make it absolutely clear DEI is here to stay.

3.  Make sure all advertisements for the military feature gays, trannies, or females.

4.  Ensure all politicians run down the military as being old school and unwoke.

5.  Get military personnel to brag about how important eco-friendly vehicles are to military success.

6.  Make it well known that only people of color will get promoted.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson