Author Topic: A Houthi missile got so close to a US destroyer the warship turned to a last-resort gun system to sh  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

A Houthi missile got so close to a US destroyer the warship turned to a last-resort gun system to shoot it down: report
Story by insider@insider.com (Ella Sherman,Jake Epstein) • 19h

A Houthi missile recently put a US destroyer's close-in weapons system to the test, a report said.

A warship's CIWS is usually considered its last line of defense and is for close-range intercepts.
The Tuesday incident marks the latest Houthi missile attack, though not the latest exchange of fire.

A Houthi anti-ship cruise missile fired into the Red Sea came within a mile of a US Navy destroyer on Tuesday, a report said, close enough that the American warship turned to its close-in weapons system — a last line of defense.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-houthi-missile-got-so-close-to-a-us-destroyer-the-warship-turned-to-a-last-resort-gun-system-to-shoot-it-down-report/ar-BB1hzpcY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=c3d837cf3bf047d98b0ac8b6a76b56a9&ei=56
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fishrrman totally off-the-wall prediction:
Before this is over, at least one U.S. Navy ship is going to end up at the bottom of the Red Sea...