Author Topic: Cyberattacks on Guam could sap US forces in Indo-Pacific, Nakasone says  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cyberattacks on Guam could sap US forces in Indo-Pacific, Nakasone says
By Colin Demarest
 Jan 31, 05:17 PM

WASHINGTON — Successful Chinese cyberattacks on critical infrastructure in Guam or other Indo-Pacific footholds could cripple U.S. military capabilities in the region, the leader of the National Security Agency and U.S. Cyber Command said.

Guam is a key outpost for U.S. forces in the increasingly competitive area, where Washington thinks a fight with Beijing could erupt. The island serves as a logistics and munitions hub, as well as an intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance node.

An assault on the networks and information technology that support Guam’s distribution of electricity, water, food and emergency response could “have a very significant impact” on the options available to military commanders at the time, said Gen. Paul Nakasone.

https://www.defensenews.com/cyber/2024/01/31/cyberattacks-on-guam-could-sap-us-forces-in-indo-pacific-nakasone-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Cyberattacks on Guam could sap US forces in Indo-Pacific, Nakasone says
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 05:28:14 pm »
Who cares what is sapped?  The US has eco-friendly vehicles to offset it. :doa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson