Author Topic: New Army space plan anticipates 'operator'-level space capabilities, general says  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Army space plan anticipates 'operator'-level space capabilities, general says
The new Army Space and Missile Defense Command leader also praised the use of Coyote anti-drone interceptors.
SAM SKOVE | JANUARY 31, 2024 10:36 PM ET
ARMY SPACE MISSILES

A new Army space initiative will see space-based capabilities pushed “down to the operator level,” the service's Space and Missile Defense Command chief Lt. Gen. Sean Gainey said last week, even as his command prepares to combat the growing threat of mixed drone and missile attacks.

In early January, the Army announced a new “vision” for Army operations in space. The plan emphasizes adapting to operations in a world where enemies use space-based assets to surveil and interfere with U.S. troops, such as jamming their communications.

The U.S. must “protect friendly forces from observation and targeting by counter-satellite communications, counter-surveillance and reconnaissance, and navigation warfare operations,” the document stated.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2024/01/new-army-space-plan-anticipates-operator-level-space-capabilities-general-says/393824/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What level of H.S. education will be needed to be an operator, 9th, 10th, or 11th grade? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson