Author Topic: ERO Philadelphia removes convicted terrorist to Bangladesh  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ERO Philadelphia removes convicted terrorist to Bangladesh
« on: February 01, 2024, 03:07:11 pm »
JANUARY 31, 2024NEW YORK, NYENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL
ERO Philadelphia removes convicted terrorist to Bangladesh

Convicted terrorist Rakin Islam Chowdhury awaits a flight to Bangladesh.

PHILADELPHIA – Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Philadelphia removed Rakin Islam Chowdhury, a citizen of Bangladesh with a final order of removal, to Bangladesh on Jan. 17. Chowdhury was previously convicted of attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.

“The removal of convicted terrorist Rakin Islam Chowdhury demonstrates the vast national security responsibilities that are inherent in ERO’s mission,” said ERO Philadelphia Field Office Director Cammilla Wamsley. “Our officers work tirelessly to remove threats, enforce the law and safeguard the American public.”

On June 5, 2015, U.S. Customs and Border Protection admitted Chowdhury to the United States in New York, New York, with authorization to remain in the United States for a temporary period not to exceed Dec. 4, 2015.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ero-philadelphia-removes-convicted-terrorist-bangladesh
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson