Author Topic: DHS Secretary Mayorkas Endorses Senate Deal to Expand Immigration  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Secretary Mayorkas Endorses Senate Deal to Expand Immigration

JOHN BINDER31 Jan 2024128

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is seemingly endorsing a deal being negotiated that would expand overall immigration to the United States as illegal immigration hits record highs under President Joe Biden’s watch.

The deal, negotiated by Sens. James Lankford (R-OK), Chris Murphy (D-CT), and Krysten Sinema (I-AZ), would increase annual legal immigration levels, require DHS to funnel thousands of border crossers into the U.S. every few days, expedite work permits for those border crossers released into the U.S. interior, and provide taxpayer-funded lawyers to Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs), among other things.

In written testimony to the House Homeland Security Committee regarding articles of impeachment filed against him, Mayorkas seemingly endorsed the Senate deal.

“We need a legislative solution and only Congress can provide it,” Mayorkas writes:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/31/dhs-secretary-mayorkas-endorses-senate-deal-to-expand-immigration/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: DHS Secretary Mayorkas Endorses Senate Deal to Expand Immigration
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 03:08:58 pm »
That, in and of itself, should be reason enough to kill it.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: DHS Secretary Mayorkas Endorses Senate Deal to Expand Immigration
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 03:17:09 pm »
That, in and of itself, should be reason enough to kill it.

:yowsa: You took the words right out of my mouth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien