Author Topic: San Mateo County becomes 1st in US to declare loneliness as health emergency  (Read 299 times)

Online mountaineer

Not as great an emergency as stupidity, it should be noted. But here we are.
San Mateo County becomes 1st in US to declare loneliness as health emergency
ByTim Johns KGO
Tuesday, January 30, 2024 7:55PM

SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- With a unanimous vote by the Board of Supervisors, San Mateo County has become the first county in America to recognize loneliness as a public health emergency.

"We have 45% of the people who find themselves being lonely. Who suffer from loneliness," said Supervisor David Canepa.

Canepa introduced the resolution he hopes will spur further action.

He says since the pandemic, county statistics have shown loneliness explode among the local population. ...

In addition to the county-wide resolution, Canepa is also sending a letter to Gov. Gavin Newsom.

In it, he asks the governor create a new minister of loneliness position for the state.  ...
Full story at KGO

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Does that mean Health Insurance will now cover appointments at Nevada whorehouses?  Do I need a prescription to have insurance pay for a medicinal Lewinsky?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 11:42:50 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Does that mean Health Insurance will now cover appointments at Nevada whorehouses?
:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org