Author Topic: Bud Light partners with comedian Shane Gills after company's fall from grace  (Read 704 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bud Light partners with comedian Shane Gills after company's fall from grace
Comedian announces partnership with Bud Light in a post on Instagram
By Kendall Tietz Fox News
Published January 31, 2024 5:00pm EST

Comedian Shane Gillis will partner with beer brand Bud Light following a dismal year for the brand, according to a company post on Instagram.

"Welcome to the team @shanemgillis, excited to be a part of your 2024 tour," the beer brand posted.

"Excited to announce partnership with Bud Light #budlightpartner," Gillis posted to his Instagram account.

Bud Light sales plummeted last year after news broke that the brand had partnered with transgender influencer and activist Dylan Mulvaney.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bud-light-partners-comedian-shane-gills-companys-fall-grace
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Must be looking for a different kind of "funny" spokespersonthing.... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Outside of INBev selling off AB, and AB having a come to Jesus moment, Bud Light will not recover.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Bud Light goes from Dylan to Peyton Manning to some little known comedian as spokesman?  Interesting choice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Another brilliant choice made by the people that thought up the previous successful Bud Light ad campaign. Oh yeah this guys a winner, hired and then fired by SNL before he ever did a single show :silly: :silly: :silly:

Shane Gills, Fired By SNL, Jokes That He Reads All His Death Threats In An Asian Accent
4 years ago
|
By Janice Williams Verified, Shane Gills
|
Newsweek Verified
Shane Gills performed at a New York City comedy club just days after being fired from Saturday Night Live over his use of a racial slur, USA Today reported. Comedian Shane Gills, who was recently fired from "Saturday Night Live," appeared at a New York City comedy club on September 18, 2019, where he reportedly joked about President Donald Trump being assassinated and mocked Asians. Courtesy of NBCUniversalThe comedian reportedly mocked Asians and made jokes about President Donald Trump.

But hey it's been four years, who could possibly remember :shrug:

Online Polly Ticks

Gillis is no stranger to cancel culture himself.

This annoys me.  What happened with Bud Light isn't cancel culture, it's capitalism.  Conservatives aren't saying Bud Light shouldn't be allowed to sell beer; we're saying we choose not to buy it. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hire a has been for a has been beer.  Nice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.