Author Topic: Judge dismisses Disney lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis  (Read 2118 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Judge dismisses Disney lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis alleging retaliation

A judge on Wednesday dismissed a federal lawsuit Disney filed against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and other defendants that alleged he retaliated against the company for publicly criticizing a controversial parental rights education law backed by the governor.

Judge Allen Winsor ruled that Disney lacked legal standing to sue DeSantis and the secretary of Florida’s Commerce Department on a claim of violating its First Amendment rights.

Winsor also ruled that Disney’s claims “fail on the merits” against members of the board of a special improvement district in which the company operates its parks and resort.

The judge on that point cited federal appeals court rulings which hold that when a law is constitutional on its face, a plaintiff cannot sue on free-speech grounds “by claiming that the lawmakers who passed it acted with a constitutionally impermissible purpose.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/31/judge-dismisses-disney-lawsuit-against-florida-gov-ron-desantis-alleging-retaliation.html

Offline libertybele

Re: Judge dismisses Disney lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 08:37:56 pm »
 :beer: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 08:53:59 pm »
The Mouse must die.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 09:10:45 pm »
Wouldn't it have been nice to nominate a candidate who actually wins court cases? 

Any word from Vivek, Nikki, or Dump?  They sure had a lot to say about this early on.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 10:28:58 pm »
The Mouse must die.

8888forgot I sure don't want the Mouse to die.  I want the people pulling the strings behind the Mouse to be replaced with people who appreciate Walt's legacy! Until then I won't be feeding the mouse!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 10:30:52 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 10:37:20 pm »
8888forgot I sure don't want the Mouse to die.  I want the people pulling the strings behind the Mouse to be replaced with people who appreciate Walt's legacy! Until then I won't be feeding the mouse!

My sentiments exactly!!

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 12:37:14 pm »
Exactly. Walt had a vision that has spread the places like Dollywood, Busch gardens, etc.... That has improved "family entertainment" tremendously. I never had any concerns about taking my nieces and nephews to any of those places that they might sere something inappropriate.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024, 12:25:59 am »
Wouldn't it have been nice to nominate a candidate who actually wins court cases? 

Any word from Vivek, Nikki, or Dump?  They sure had a lot to say about this early on.

Or maybe put differently, "the candidate smart enough not to sabotage a conservative agenda".

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2024, 01:39:40 am »

Nah, it needs to die.  It is infected with a woke virus that runs so deep that it can't be saved.  Kill it now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2024, 02:09:27 am »
Nah, it needs to die.  It is infected with a woke virus that runs so deep that it can't be saved.  Kill it now.

It would be good if the mouse had a Painless death, like the kind Jesse Ventura dispensed with a Minigun in "Predators."

:MiniGun:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 04:53:36 am »
@Right_in_Virginia will be sorely disappointed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 02:52:18 pm »
Are she and DC in timeout?

It has been very civil without her anyway.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 03:39:18 pm »
Exactly. Walt had a vision that has spread the places like Dollywood, Busch gardens, etc.... That has improved "family entertainment" tremendously. I never had any concerns about taking my nieces and nephews to any of those places that they might sere something inappropriate.

We took our family to Disney World not quite 15 years ago, and it was comfort to know that it was considered a 'family environment' in terms of dress and language and such.  It was a marked contrast to our more local Kings Island theme park. 

Funny how far things can change so quickly, isn't it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2024, 04:04:05 pm »
We took our family to Disney World not quite 15 years ago, and it was comfort to know that it was considered a 'family environment' in terms of dress and language and such.  It was a marked contrast to our more local Kings Island theme park. 

Funny how far things can change so quickly, isn't it.

I visited WDW in 1995, 2010, and 2022.  It used to be a special place (or tried to be) for families, but has become indistinguishable from other theme parks, and inferior in many respects to its main competitor.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2024, 05:48:55 pm »
I visited WDW in 1995, 2010, and 2022.  It used to be a special place (or tried to be) for families, but has become indistinguishable from other theme parks, and inferior in many respects to its main competitor.
I think the last time we went to Disney Anaheim was ten or eleven years ago, we took our grandson on a mid week school day and the place was so damned crowded it was hard to move around or get on a ride. If I had paid for the tickets I would have been even angrier 9999hair out0000 but my BIL works there and gets free passes(when he decides to hand them out instead of sitting on them until they expire) the cheap bastard. No I have no desire to ever return to the Land That Was, not even for free. Walt was greedy but understood there had to be balance, those who run the Land That Was only care about money, and hey they don't have to because the suckers are lined up for miles begging them to take their money. Like I say my BIL works there and they have a employee store called Company D where they offer up the crap that the suckers just wouldn't buy in the park to the suckers that work for them.....what a joke! If you could see what the original prices were and how much they still charge their 'valued cast members'  **nononono*

No the 'Happiest Place On Earth' has been successfully transitiond to the crappiest place on Earth a long time ago and the 'Fairy Princesses need a shave.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2024, 07:11:36 pm »
It's been well over 20 years since I've set foot in Disneyland in Anaheim.  Mrs. Liberty and her sisters worked at the House of the Mouse, so she hates the place....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2024, 07:56:37 pm »
It's been well over 20 years since I've set foot in Disneyland in Anaheim.  Mrs. Liberty and her sisters worked at the House of the Mouse, so she hates the place....

We visited Disney, Epcot, Universal, Busch Gardens, Sea World and the Everglades a couple of times when our kids were little and before we moved to Florida.  It was fun with the kids, but it was crowded back then.  It's is way too expensive now and I'm sure even more crowded.  We haven't had any desire to go back.

OTH the dentist that I've been going to for the past 30years, visits those tourist attraction every single year.  I would think by now he'd tire of them.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2024, 12:38:05 am »
Glad I took my kids when I did when they were young
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2024, 02:01:01 am »
After Walt opened The Mouse House in Kissimmee we went. It was back in 71or 72.  We had a blast.  To bad it went to shit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2024, 02:05:47 pm »
In other news of why the Disney company is or will be circling the bowl:

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
An anonymous source just sent me this from Disney. It is mandatory, institutionalized racism and sexism!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1754999578619707658
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2024, 04:00:16 pm »
They're dead Jim.
They are the original woke turds, using the parents memories of childhood to enter homes and brainwash generations. I present to you the Mouse that was and the Mouse that is, spreading it's putrescence and infecting our children**nononono*

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2024, 04:43:56 pm »

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
An anonymous source just sent me this from Disney. It is mandatory, institutionalized racism and sexism!

Wow, what overrepresentation on film.

So, when they realize how ridiculous having so many black characters is, we’ll be stuck with white homos and trannies everywhere to make that 50%.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2024, 05:15:07 pm »
Wow, what overrepresentation on film.

So, when they realize how ridiculous having so many black characters is, we’ll be stuck with white homos and trannies everywhere to make that 50%.
So, you're saying that Asians and Native Americans will be under represented again?  :pondering: are Hispanic/Latino/Latinx going to be lumped in Whites? Discounting Disney for a moment, I have never seen so many Blacks, Black families or mixed race couples and families on commercials and shows...one would think that Whites were already the minority in America the left wants to make them **nononono*

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2024, 05:20:13 pm »
Not only do the ads on TV feature mixed-race couples almost exclusively, whenever there's a white person in an ad, he or she is always the idiot, while the wise black or Asian is the voice of reason.

For example:

https://twitter.com/StupidWhiteAds/status/1754841342163706121

https://twitter.com/skjultster/status/1754547827584164018
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DB

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2024, 05:26:35 pm »

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

Nowhere is merit even a consideration... Merit matters, and the lack of it is spilling out all over their business. They think they're too big to fail and as a result they can forcibly reshape reality. Reality always wins.