Author Topic: $500 million Harvard megadonor halts donations, says elite schools produce ‘whiny snowflakes’  (Read 385 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$500 million Harvard megadonor halts donations, says elite schools produce ‘whiny snowflakes’
Matt Egan, CNN
Tue, January 30, 2024 at 3:40 PM EST·3 min read

Chicago Tribune/Tribune News Service/TNS/Getty Images
Hedge fund billionaire Ken Griffin, who has donated more than $500 million to Harvard University over the years, has halted contributions to his alma mater and claimed elite schools produce “whiny snowflakes.”

Griffin, one of the richest people in the world, joins a growing list of donors to Harvard, the University of Pennsylvania, Columbia and other top schools who have decided to close their checkbooks.

At a conference in Miami on Tuesday, Griffin expressed deep frustration with the state of American universities, including the disastrous testimony before Congress by the presidents of Harvard, MIT and UPenn.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/500-million-harvard-megadonor-halts-204013749.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson