Author Topic: STOP THE PRINTERS! DITCH PAPER TO PREVENT NATIONAL SECURITY LEAKS  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
STOP THE PRINTERS! DITCH PAPER TO PREVENT NATIONAL SECURITY LEAKS
 HEATHER MCMAHON , MICHAEL SCHELLHAMMER  JANUARY 25, 2024 6 MIN READ

Our modern intelligence apparatus is being defeated by paper, a 2,000-year-old medium.

An unindicted co-conspirator in national security leaks remains at large: paper. For the U.S. government to prevent more leaks, it will have to lock up this culprit.

Between the disclosure of top secret information on the Discord gaming platform, allegedly by a Massachusetts Air National Guard member, the improper storage of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, discovery of classified documents at the residences of President Joe Biden and former Vice President Mike Pence, and recent arrest of a Department of State contractor, nearly 1,000 classified pages escaped from secure facilities, causing severe national security harm and national embarrassment. The Department of Justice prosecuted a series of cases over the past two decades involving trusted insiders improperly removing classified documents from secure spaces. Our modern intelligence apparatus is being defeated by paper, a 2,000-year-old medium.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin responded to the Discord leak by directing program improvements that will reduce security risks. To complete Austin’s intent and uniformly protect sensitive information, however, the U.S. government should reduce its reliance on the paper that leakers are so fond of by taking three simple steps:

First, realize that paper is not the communications medium of the future

https://warroom.armywarcollege.edu/articles/ditch-paper/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: STOP THE PRINTERS! DITCH PAPER TO PREVENT NATIONAL SECURITY LEAKS
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 06:51:50 pm »
There have been leaks of sensitive information in electronic form as well ... Snowden, WikiLeaks, Chi-com information breaches.

The real issue is the lax supervision and the lack of enforcement of existing laws, policies, regulations, and rules.

If Hillary Clinton, Mike Pence, Joe Biden, Donald Trump can flaunt sensitive information controls, why can't frontline or low-level personnel?  The underlings are only following the example set by their superiors.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.