Author Topic: US Navy works on war response plan amid Red Sea ship surge  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Navy works on war response plan amid Red Sea ship surge
« on: January 31, 2024, 06:13:24 pm »
US Navy works on war response plan amid Red Sea ship surge
By Megan Eckstein
 Jan 30, 01:42 PM

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy is working on a new wartime response plan that would affect how ships and crews prepare and deploy for combat, according to the head of U.S. Fleet Forces Command.

This comes as the Navy experiences firsthand in the Middle East what it requires to sustain a fighting force at sea.

The Navy has pushed additional destroyers into the Red Sea and Eastern Mediterranean regions as well as extended ships’ deployments to keep a heightened presence there. The moves come as Houthi militants in Yemen continue to fire missiles and send drones at naval and merchant ships, military forces ashore, and Israeli targets.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=60.0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: US Navy works on war response plan amid Red Sea ship surge
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 07:02:46 pm »
The Red Sea and Persian Gulf are nearly land-locked bathtubs - ships would lack ability to maneuver.  It could be a shooting gallery for anti-ship missiles.

The Axis of Resistance doesn't need to win any battles or wars ... they just need to inflict 1,000 painful and emasculating cuts to the West.

There's also the risk that if there is a large US footprint in the area, other regional Islamist movements may see an opportunity to attack American assets and personnel to raise their international profiles and their local recruitment.  Islamist Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden come to mind.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.