Author Topic: New York Announces Plan to Spend $2.4 Billion on Migrant Crisis  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Announces Plan to Spend $2.4 Billion on Migrant Crisis
« on: January 31, 2024, 12:59:35 pm »
New York Announces Plan to Spend $2.4 Billion on Migrant Crisis
Story by GistFest • 15h

The migrant crisis in New York is so overwhelming that the city’s homeless shelters cannot accommodate the people they are made for. It has also caused a strain on the public resources available to the citizens.

For example, Mayor Eric Adams was forced to make significant budget cuts in November, resulting in libraries closing on Saturdays. The police force would also have been reduced through attrition. Adams had also said that he faced a deficit of $1.7 billion largely due to the migrant crisis.

“Without real immigration reform and a decompression strategy at the border, there will be no end in sight,” the Mayor said.

But despite the financial toll this problem has taken on the city, officials have earmarked $ 2.4 billion to fund immigrant care. Gov. Kathy Hochul and the Mayor revealed this when they unveiled the next fiscal year’s budget.

Meanwhile, Adams announced the reversal of the earlier budget cuts and reinstatement of an April 2024 police academy class of 600. The city will also return a fifth firefighter to 20 engine companies and restore funding for 170 community schools.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-york-announces-plan-to-spend-2-4-billion-on-migrant-crisis/ar-BB1hviiY?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=66b1a9b3312f4209bf4f7bc4518eb1d0&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New York Announces Plan to Spend $2.4 Billion on Migrant Crisis
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 01:03:14 pm »
Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't much give a damn how NY squanders its money.  But I have a four-year-old granddaughter there and I fear they are willing to sacrifice her future to buy votes from the invaders to keep power.  And the only thing she has done wrong in NY was to be born a US citizen. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson