Author Topic: Chicago Democrat goes off on city's handling of migrant crisis: 'It's an invasion'  (Read 294 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago Democrat goes off on city's handling of migrant crisis: 'It's an invasion'
Story by Elizabeth Heckman • 3h

A Chicago Democrat running for the Illinois House is calling out Mayor Brandon Johnson for allowing migrants to "invade" the Windy City.

"Fox & Friends" co-host Lawrence Jones visited the sanctuary city to witness the crisis firsthand and walk the streets with candidate Andre Smith.

Smith told Jones that the city's schools, park districts and apartments have been used for placing migrants and displacing Chicago residents.

"The money is coming from the hard-owned taxpayers, taxpayers' dollars that don't have the luxury now to go to the park in their community because migrants are there," Smith said in the interview that aired Tuesday.

"It's an invasion."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-democrat-goes-off-on-city-s-handling-of-migrant-crisis-it-s-an-invasion/ar-BB1hx6yf?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=5a8915ef1fd84035b51bfd97481c19c8&ei=64
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anybody have any  idea of what the odds makers say  his chances of getting elected are?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Keep sending those illegal migrant buses, trains, planes, boats, and zeppelins up North.

An illegal immigrant invasion of Texas will receive little press coverage.

An illegal immigrant trickle into major Blue media center - New York, DC, Chicago - will garner daily press coverage.

Blue elites only care about their own.  To move Blue elites on any issue, you need to make it their issue, too.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Keep sending those illegal migrant buses, trains, planes, boats, and zeppelins up North.

An illegal immigrant invasion of Texas will receive little press coverage.

An illegal immigrant trickle into major Blue media center - New York, DC, Chicago - will garner daily press coverage.

Blue elites only care about their own.  To move Blue elites on any issue, you need to make it their issue, too.

No. It makes a point, but it does absolutely no good, in fact it adds to the destruction of our country.  Stop them at the border and send them the heck back! Once they are here, they are here -- good luck finding them all, except when it comes time for them to come out of the woodwork once amnesty is granted to them or if they've been granted asylum for them to seek citizenship.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Illegal immigranst are already in the US when Gov Abbott puts them on buses to go North.

The leaders of Federal immigration enforcement apparatus, Biden and Mayorkas, don't want to do their jobs.

Dem donors and officials up North could care less about a "Border Crisis" when it only effects Red States.

Busing the illegal migrants from Red Border States to Blue states puts pressure on local and state Dems to pressure Federal Dems to secure the Border.

The most effective means for Red border states, counties, and municipalities to minimize their taxpayers' illegal immigrants' costs is to give the illegal migrants, already in the US, a one-way bus ticket to a Blue state, preferrably in a large media market.  This makes the Border Crisis a crisis for Dems, too.

No. It makes a point, but it does absolutely no good, in fact it adds to the destruction of our country.  Stop them at the border and send them the heck back! Once they are here, they are here -- good luck finding them all, except when it comes time for them to come out of the woodwork once amnesty is granted to them or if they've been granted asylum for them to seek citizenship.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No. It makes a point, but it does absolutely no good, in fact it adds to the destruction of our country.  Stop them at the border and send them the heck back!

@libertybele

Yup!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!