Author Topic: DEI Should Be M.I.A. in the U.S. Military | Opinion  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DEI Should Be M.I.A. in the U.S. Military | Opinion
« on: January 31, 2024, 11:44:46 am »
 DEI Should Be M.I.A. in the U.S. Military | Opinion
Opinion by Erec Smith • 44m

The historic Supreme Court ruling to end affirmative action in college admissions was one of the biggest events of 2023, but few acknowledged the ruling's inapplicability to military academies and, by extension, military recruitment strategies. Unlike public civilian institutions, military academies still face scrutiny for imposing quotas and skirting merit as a primary factor in admissions and recruiting. But affirmative action is only part of the problem.

As with other institutions, DEI—Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion—is a volatile point of contention in the military. In fact, prominent figures in and around the military insist that DEI threatens national security. The issue is bigger than unequal admissions and recruitment. DEI writ large is eroding the integrity of the U.S. Armed Forces from the inside out.

Before I go any further, I need to clarify that I am not against diversity, equity, or inclusion in their original meanings. As a black man whose father has shared stories about racism in the Army during his 22 years of service (including two tours in Vietnam), I would like nothing more than to improve race relations in the military.

But the words "diversity," "equity," and "inclusion" have gone from obvious American virtues to vices in recent years, not because Americans have soured on racial equality, but because those words have taken on meanings that actually oppose their common interpretations. This new DEI, backed by an ideology of critical social justice, is the very opposite of the social justice values espoused by the civil rights movement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/dei-should-be-m-i-a-in-the-u-s-military-opinion/ar-BB1hxvOa?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=5a8915ef1fd84035b51bfd97481c19c8&ei=48
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: DEI Should Be M.I.A. in the U.S. Military | Opinion
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 11:46:38 am »
But DEI is an important part of the Biden administration plan to destroy the effectiveness of the military. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 05:46:54 pm »
You can thank the communists that backed the career and promotions of General Miss Miley for that.

The US Military does NOT run the US Military.

Congress does.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 06:08:51 pm »
 ////00000////

Can't we just promote the ones that are most proficient at killing the most enemy combatants while incurring the fewest casualties?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.