Author Topic: AZGOP’s new chair took $15k per month from the taxpayers to ‘consult’ the state senate on securing e  (Read 613 times)

Online Hoodat

AZGOP’s new chair took $15k per month from the taxpayers to ‘consult’ the state senate on securing elections, only to produce nothing

Olivia Murray  |  Jan 30, 2024

Last week I wrote a blog on an “explosive” audio recording that featured Jeff DeWit, the chair of the Arizona Republican Party (before he promptly resigned in disgrace), attempting to bribe Kari Lake out of the senate race with a cushy corporate position and money from shadowy figures somewhere on the east coast—the revelation was only “explosive” to some because, for those of us who’ve had firsthand experience dealing with the AZGOP, it really was not surprising at all.

The chair of the state party leading the charge to derail the America First (and Arizona first) movement? This is nothing out of the ordinary; DeWit’s predecessor, Kelli Ward, repeatedly undermined and sabotaged the grassroots, all to aid and abet Martha McSally in handing over another federal seat to Democrats.

The chair of the state party protecting the interests of the political establishment? Again, we’d just been through this with Kelli Ward  .  .  .

.  .  .  On Saturday, party members elected a new chair, a woman by the name of Gina Swoboda.

I hate to be the reliable cynic or the bearer of bad news, but… the Arizona GOP is still firmly under the control of the same Uniparty politics that controlled DeWit… so prepare yourself for more of the same from the Grand Canyon state come election time. This is only the tip of the iceberg with Swoboda, but see the post to X below from someone with a strong opinion about what happened:

https://twitter.com/ThatParentP4P/status/1751990465627373758

link
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
AZGOP’s new chair took $15k per month from the taxpayers to ‘consult’ the state senate on securing elections, only to produce nothing

Olivia Murray  |  Jan 30, 2024

Last week I wrote a blog on an “explosive” audio recording that featured Jeff DeWit, the chair of the Arizona Republican Party (before he promptly resigned in disgrace), attempting to bribe Kari Lake out of the senate race with a cushy corporate position and money from shadowy figures somewhere on the east coast—the revelation was only “explosive” to some because, for those of us who’ve had firsthand experience dealing with the AZGOP, it really was not surprising at all.

The chair of the state party leading the charge to derail the America First (and Arizona first) movement? This is nothing out of the ordinary; DeWit’s predecessor, Kelli Ward, repeatedly undermined and sabotaged the grassroots, all to aid and abet Martha McSally in handing over another federal seat to Democrats.

The chair of the state party protecting the interests of the political establishment? Again, we’d just been through this with Kelli Ward  .  .  .

.  .  .  On Saturday, party members elected a new chair, a woman by the name of Gina Swoboda.

I hate to be the reliable cynic or the bearer of bad news, but… the Arizona GOP is still firmly under the control of the same Uniparty politics that controlled DeWit… so prepare yourself for more of the same from the Grand Canyon state come election time. This is only the tip of the iceberg with Swoboda, but see the post to X below from someone with a strong opinion about what happened:

https://twitter.com/ThatParentP4P/status/1751990465627373758

link

I was somewhat wondering when this might get some traction.  Clearly it isn't.

I don't trust the state party and I am somewhat losing my faith in the MCRC.