Author Topic: USAF Wraps Up Flight Testing on Electric Aircraft, Complete with Casualty Evac  (Read 308 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USAF Wraps Up Flight Testing on Electric Aircraft, Complete with Casualty Evac
Jan. 29, 2024 | By Greg Hadley

The Air Force and BETA Technologies finished a three-month stint of flight testing with its “Alia” electric aircraft at Duke Field, Fla., the contractor announced Jan. 29—which included several milestones for electric aviation within the Department of Defense.

Most prominently, the Air Force’s 96th Test Wing said that on Jan. 11, the sleek, quiet, fixed-wing aircraft flew a simulated casualty evacuation mission and communicated directly with Air Force aircraft for the first time.

The 413th Flight Test Squadron, the Air Force’s rotary wing test squadron, wrote the test and safety plan for Alia, which landed at Duke Field in late October. BETA continued to own and operate the aircraft.

In a release announcing the end of the “deployment,” BETA said Alia’s time at Duke was “the next phase of a larger developmental test and evaluation (DT&E) effort being conducted by the U.S. Air Force to assess electric aviation’s applicability for DOD missions.”

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/usaf-flight-testing-electric-aircraft-casualty-evacuation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They work on crap like this while troops are being killed because differences between enemy and US drones can't be determined?  It would seem protecting lives of the troops should have a higher priority. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They work on crap like this while troops are being killed because differences between enemy and US drones can't be determined?  It would seem protecting lives of the troops should have a higher priority. :im waiting:
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Don't denigrate the "testers" in this project.
We test crap because we're told or contracted to do so.
Remember, the US military works at the behest of our "esteemed" civilian government.
And so does our military contractors, who are constrained by $h!t ton of rules and regulations.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.