Author Topic: Marine Corps plans to upgrade 50,000 radios across the force  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps plans to upgrade 50,000 radios across the force
« on: January 30, 2024, 04:12:49 pm »
Marine Corps plans to upgrade 50,000 radios across the force
The multi-channel, software-defined radios will ensure communications equipment does not fall into obsolescence.
BY
MARK POMERLEAU
JANUARY 29, 2024

The Marine Corps intends to upgrade 50,000 radios with new multi-channel, software-defined models that will be more resistant to adversary threats.

The capabilities are being modernized with NSA cryptographic standards, which the agency is mandating across the Department of Defense.

Marine Corps System Command has already fielded over 4,000 of the platforms since October 2023, with tentative plans to complete fielding of new radios and upgrading existing systems in fiscal 2025, according to a spokesperson.

The tools will be issued to units throughout the Marine Air Ground Task Force and supporting organizations. The spokesperson said the technologies will initially be fielded according to current tables of equipment reflected in the Total Force Structure Management System. Replacement is being prioritized for units that possess radios that can’t accommodate required updates.

https://defensescoop.com/2024/01/29/marine-corps-upgrade-radios-software-defined-50000-across-force/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson