Author Topic: Denver becoming overwhelmed after 40,000 spike in migrant population  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denver becoming overwhelmed after 40,000 spike in migrant population
As Denver increases 5% in its population, the city struggles to support the influx of immigrants
By Alba Cuebas-Fantauzzi Fox News

Denver mayor calls on Congress, Biden admin to address migrant crisis
Denver Mayor Mike Johnston joins 'America's Newsroom' to discuss the immigration crisis' impact on his city and his proposed solutions, including expedited processing, allowing work authorizations and a coordinated entry system.

Denver, Colorado's capital with over 700,000 residents, has become the latest city inundated with over 40,000 migrants as a result of the ongoing border crisis.

The sanctuary city has been struggling to stretch its limited resources to support the growing number of migrants in the city. Texas has transported thousands of migrants to sanctuary cities like Denver, to showcase the problems border states face when migrants flood their cities.

With overcrowded shelters and overrun hospitals, Denver state officials have begun enforcing a limit on the amount of time that migrants can stay in state-provided rooms to accommodate the daily influx of individuals, according to a report from NBC News.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/denver-becoming-overwhelmed-40000-spike-migrant-population
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Denver becoming overwhelmed after 40,000 spike in migrant population
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 04:10:16 pm »
Can't they get Russia or China to help them be a better sanctuary city? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Re: Denver becoming overwhelmed after 40,000 spike in migrant population
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 04:33:30 pm »
Can't they get Russia or China to help them be a better sanctuary city? :tongue2:

Doubtful that Denver is the beautiful city that we visited not so long ago. What did they expect to happen being a sanctuary city?

Now the mayor is up in arms wanting something to be done.  They asked for it.  They need to deal with it. Let those liberal pukes in Denver open their homes to ILLEGALS. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.