Author Topic: Vulnerable House Dem caught on Zoom call lamenting 'Trump Kool-Aid' voters in her district  (Read 390 times)

Online mountaineer

Vulnerable House Dem caught on Zoom call lamenting 'Trump Kool-Aid' voters in her district
Rep. Susan Wild said Carbon County, which is located in her district, drank the 'Trump Kool-Aid'
By Kyle Morris Fox News
Published January 29, 2024 4:00am EST | Updated January 29, 2024 4:48am EST...

Have to register to read story, but here it is from a Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1752110389804794141
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

UPDATED: Wild Mocks Carbon County Constituents Again: ‘They Drank the Trump Kool-Aid’
Posted to Politics January 29, 2024 by Linda Stein

U.S. Rep. Susan Wild (D-Pa.) told fellow Pennsylvania Democrats last week that her Carbon County constituents “drank the Trump Kool-Aid” and she was “dismayed” when redistricting added them to her district last year. It’s the second time Wild has made comments her critics say are insulting to Pennsylvania voters.

“I acquired Carbon County as part of my district last year,” Wild said in a Zoom conference that included Sen. Bob Casey and Democratic Reps. Chris Deluzio and Matt Cartwright. “And Matt did not then represent it. Matt had represented Carbon County in the past and so was very valuable to me in terms of talking to him. It was represented by Dan Mueser. After Trump came along, it went from sort of a working-class blue district. So they drank the Trump Kool-Aid, and it really became a red county. ...

Wild’s Pennsylvania’s 7th District is in the Lehigh Valley and includes Allentown, Bethlehem Easton, and Carbon County. President Joe Biden beat former President Donald Trump in the district in 2020 by 0.6 percent. But Trump won Carbon County by more than 65 percent. ...
More at Delaware Valley Journal

She'd better not visit southwestern Pennsylvania, then. Apart from Pittsburgh, Trump is wildly popular in that region.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

Wild and Blue time to send her over yonder..

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Dems have it wrong.  The deplorables were drinking MAGA Kool-Aid before Trump; Trump saw an opportunity to politically and financially profit by being the one who sold them the Kool-Aid.

Trump showed up to a gold rush, and saw he could profit by being the one who sold shovels.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.