Author Topic: Texas county files murder charges against drug dealers after fentanyl deaths of 2 people  (Read 171 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Jan 28, 2024
Texas county files murder charges against drug dealers after fentanyl deaths of 2 people
“Fentanyl right now continues to be the biggest threat in our country."

Sara Higdon
Jan 28, 2024

On Friday, Harris County, Texas, announced that murder charges have now been brought against two people in connection with fentanyl overdose deaths.

According to the Houston Chronicle, a new law that took effect in September allowed prosecutors to charge drug dealers with first-degree murder if their drugs kill someone, and carries a penalty of five to 99 years in prison.

In early 2023, Harris County established a task force in conjunction with the local Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to target fentanyl dealers. 14 cases are currently being prosecuted, with Michael Barnett and Omarion Bailey being charged with murder.

https://thepostmillennial.com/texas-county-files-murder-charges-against-drug-dealers-after-fentanyl-deaths-of-2-people
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson