Author Topic: Pair of mass shootings in suburbs offers grim reminder: Illinois and Chicago routinely rank among na  (Read 161 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Pair of mass shootings in suburbs offers grim reminder: Illinois and Chicago routinely rank among nation’s worst for such crimes

Brian Cassella/Chicago Tribune/TNS
A rash of deadly violence across the southwest suburbs last week was the latest iteration, leaving 11 people shot to death in a matter of hours.

Four women — a mother and three daughters — were killed in their Tinley Park home Sunday morning in “an act of senseless domestic violence,” law enforcement officials said. Prosecutors have since charged Maher Kassem, the husband and father of the victims, with four counts of murder.

Twenty miles west, in Joliet, seven people were killed in two shootings on the same block. The suspect — Romeo Nance, the son, brother and nephew of the seven killed — later took his own life in Texas while being pursued by U.S. Marshals. Nance shot two other men in Will County, killing one, after he killed his relatives, according to police.

https://news.yahoo.com/pair-mass-shootings-suburbs-offers-110000279.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson