Author Topic: Calif. toddler killer to walk free unless Gov. Newsom overrules parole board: ‘Serious danger’  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Calif. toddler killer to walk free unless Gov. Newsom overrules parole board: ‘Serious danger’
By Fox News
Published Jan. 28, 2024, 10:16 a.m. ET

A California child killer who reportedly beat his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son so badly he suffered dozens of traumatic injuries, broken bones and “pulverized” organs, is one step closer to walking free after state officials approved his parole despite a prosecutor’s pledge to keep him behind bars for the rest of his life.

The only chance to uphold that vow is now in the hands of Gov. Gavin Newsom.

Patrick Goodman, now 49, killed Elijah Sanderson in early December 2000. The medical examiner reportedly found that some of the injuries had been caused by swinging the child by his wrist into a wall repeatedly.

A parole hearing took place in December, where District Attorney Brooke Jenkins’ office argued against Goodman’s release. Critics have become more vocal after the San Francisco Public Safety News site published the transcript Wednesday.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/28/news/california-child-killer-to-be-freed-unless-gov-newsom-overrules-parole-board/
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 05:54:01 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson