Author Topic: Ex-IRS contractor who leaked Trump's tax returns sentenced to 5 years in prison  (Read 480 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-IRS contractor who leaked Trump's tax returns sentenced to 5 years in prison
The judge said leaking Trump's returns was an attack on 'constitutional democracy'
By Anders Hagstrom Fox News
Published January 29, 2024 12:08pm EST

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1752018534115287121
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Ex-IRS contractor who leaked Trump's tax records sentenced to 5 years in prison

Littlejohn, 38, will have 3 years of supervised release after serving his sentence.

By Madeleine Hubbard

Published: January 29, 2024 12:17pm

Updated: January 29, 2024 12:26pm

Former Internal Revenue Service contractor Charles Littlejohn was sentenced Monday to 5 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to leaking former President Donald Trump's tax records, as well as those of some of the nation's wealthiest people.

After serving his sentence, Littlejohn, 38, will have 3 years of supervised release. He will also have to pay a $5,000 fine, according to CBS News.

Littlejohn was charged in September and pleaded guilty the following month to one charge of unauthorized disclosure of tax returns and information about the returns. He received the maximum sentence of 5 years on Monday.

"He targeted the sitting president of the United States of America, and that is exceptional by any measure," federal Judge Ana Reyes said at his sentencing. "It cannot be open season on our elected officials."

In a brief statement before the court, Littlejohn said, "I alone am responsible for this crime" and that he leaked the records out of a desire for transparency.

"I made my decision with full knowledge that I would likely end up in a courtroom to answer for my serious crime," he also said. "I used my skills to systematically violate the privacy of thousands of people."

https://justthenews.com/nation/crime/ex-irs-contractor-who-leaked-trumps-tax-records-sentenced-5-years-prison
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

I am shocked that this person was sentenced to prison.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am shocked that this person was sentenced to prison.

I was too...would have bet on community service or probation....for once justice prevailed
Support the USO