Author Topic: Conservatives, Give War a Chance... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 264 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conservatives, Give War a Chance... Kurt Schlichter
« on: January 29, 2024, 04:40:56 pm »
Conservatives, Give War a Chance
Kurt Schlichter

Editor's note: After this column was set for publication, the US military reported that an Iranian-backed militia drone attack killed three service members in Jordan. The Iranians need to pay.

It seems bizarre that I have to tell fellow conservatives this, but it’s sometimes OK to go to war. We’re fighting right now, and some cons are up in arms about our current armed conflict. But war is not inherently wrong. War is sometimes necessary. Sometimes it’s not. And sometimes, a war is poorly run. For example, in America, that “sometimes” is pretty much the entire last 30 years. But that does not mean that war is never an option. Sometimes it’s necessary. Conservatism is not pacifism with lower marginal tax rates.

Again, I don’t know why I have to say this, but I do. There is a strain of modern conservatism that believes all war is inherently wrong and done solely for the sake of corporations and blah blah blah blah blah. I get the cynicism. I deployed a couple of times. But this idea that there is nothing worth fighting over outside our borders is childish. It’s not conservative. It’s just lame. And people should stop thinking it.

Now, there are plenty of wars around the globe we should not want to be a part of. In fact, staying out of wars should be the default. We should not get involved in a war unless a demonstrable American interest is at stake and we have the will and capacity to win. If we don’t, we must stay the hell out. But if those conditions are met, we need to be ready to fight.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/01/29/conservatives-give-war-a-chance-n2634209
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Conservatives, Give War a Chance... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 04:43:30 pm »
Kurt now suddenly changing his tune?  He's been one of the worst neo-isolationists in the Conservative movement over the past few years.  Sounds like a complete hypocrite now.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Conservatives, Give War a Chance... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 11:37:13 pm »
The time to have dealt with North Korea was in the 1990's.

The time to have dealt with Iran was in Bush II's last term, 2008.

We did neither, and it's almost getting too late to "deal with" them now.

The Norks have their nukes, and Iran will soon have theirs, as well.