Author Topic: Biden: America ‘shall respond’ after drone attack kills 3 US troops  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden: America ‘shall respond’ after drone attack kills 3 US troops
By Zeke Miller, The Associated Press and Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press
 Jan 28, 06:47 PM

COLUMBIA, S.C. — President Joe Biden said Sunday that the U.S. “shall respond” after three American troops were killed and dozens more were injured in an overnight drone strike at a U.S. installation in northeast Jordan near the Syrian border. Biden blamed Iran-backed militias for the first U.S. fatalities after months of strikes by such groups against American forces across the Middle East since the start of the Israel-Hamas war.

According to a U.S. official, the number of troops injured by the one-way attack drone rose to at least 34.

“Eight personnel that received injuries required evacuation from Jordan to higher level care, but they are in stable condition,” U.S. Central Command said in a statement Sunday evening. “All other service members are being fully evaluated for follow-on care.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/01/28/biden-america-shall-respond-after-drone-attack-kills-3-us-troops/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson