Author Topic: Is Kari Lake’s star diminishing within the Arizona GOP?  (Read 339 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Kari Lake’s star diminishing within the Arizona GOP?
« on: January 29, 2024, 04:13:58 pm »
January 29, 2024
Is Kari Lake’s star diminishing within the Arizona GOP?
By Michael Schmitz

Last week, Kari Lake forced the ouster of GOP Party Chair Jeff DeWitt after releasing a ten-month-old recording of DeWit offering her lucrative financial benefits from powerbrokers back East should she drop out of the Senate race. People were simultaneously shocked because corruption should always shock us and unsurprised because they’ve long suspected that this is the type of corruption that so often drives American politics. However, the response to Lake’s action wasn’t uniformly supportive, as demonstrated at the weekend’s Arizona GOP gathering.

On Saturday, the Arizona Precinct Committeemen met to elect a new GOP Party Chair. Gina Swoboda won by a huge majority after receiving an endorsement from President Trump. The problem for Lake is that she didn’t initially support Swoboda, following along only after Trump did so. Thus, the Arizona Daily Independent reported:

In what some Republicans believed was a swipe at Lake’s preferred candidate Jim O’Connor, President Trump swiftly endorsed Swoboda along with most of the party’s elected officials. Shortly after, Lake endorsed her as well.

Swoboda easily defeated Arizona Corporation Commissioner Jim O’Connor, who reportedly had advance knowledge of Lake’s impending coup of AZGOP Chairman Jeff DeWit and was the choice of Lake’s team to take over the party. The Trump endorsement of Swoboda, who is seen as a close associate of DeWit and other party officials, was likely the knockout blow to O’Connor’s effort.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/01/is_kari_lakes_star_diminishing_within_the_arizona_gop.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Is Kari Lake’s star diminishing within the Arizona GOP?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 04:41:27 pm »
So Trump betrayed Lake?  LOL!  Doing what he does best!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 05:18:12 pm »
Kari just needs to be her own woman, friendly with Trump but not just constantly regurgitating the MAGA gospel.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 05:21:25 pm »
I am fine with Kari (for now), but the AZ GOP is dogshit in my book.

And the story incorrectly calls Saturday's meeting a "Precinct Committeeman meeting."  It was not, it was a State Committeemen meeting.  Big difference.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 05:33:16 pm »
 ////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 09:13:00 pm »
I like Kari Lake, but let's be honest, she is a LOSER!!!  She is attractive, well spoken, appears to be a fighter, but she is a loser.  I suspect she will lose her effort for Senate too.