Author Topic: New York Times Accidentally Admits Democrats Are Extremists  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Times Accidentally Admits Democrats Are Extremists
« on: January 29, 2024, 12:42:51 pm »
New York Times Accidentally Admits Democrats Are Extremists

GAGE KLIPPER
CONTRIBUTOR
January 24, 2024

The New York Times descended into self-parody Tuesday, pushing new data ostensibly meant to show how Republicans have become extremists over the past two decades. However, this might wind up going down as the most ham-handed attempt at election propaganda in American history. Those brilliant journos over at The Times proved the exact opposite of the point they were trying to make.

In an 8-minute documentary video, The Times attempts to explain “how the middle ground on immigration collapsed.” The centerpiece of the film is a line graph that reflects Americans’ attitudes towards immigration: the percentage of Republicans and Democrats who believe immigration “strengthens” the country. Effectively, this boils down to a survey on the bumper sticker platitude of Diversity Is Our Strength™ all Democrats now fearfully parrot to earn the respect of their peers.

“We’re kind of obsessed with this graph,” reads the female, millennial up-talker. “We’re all familiar” with the contemporary side of the graph, showing 83% of Democrats have a love affair with diversity, while only 38% of Republicans agree. The Times is more concerned with the other side of the graph, which shows both Republicans and Democrats only disagreeing by a 2 point margin, 30 to 32%, respectively. The parties then hover fairly equally in the 30 to 40% range from 1994 until the mid-2000s.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/24/new-york-times-accidentally-admits-democrats-are-extremists/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson