Author Topic: Illegal Alien Drunk Driving  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal Alien Drunk Driving
« on: January 29, 2024, 12:24:48 pm »
Illegal Alien Drunk Driving
January 11, 2024

Police Car Lights
Michael McManus

This week saw the tragic death of 46-year-old Melissa Powell and her 16 year-old son Riordan at the hands of an alleged drunk driver in Broomfield, Colorado. The intoxicated driver, referred to as a “Boulder man” is in actual fact a four-time deported illegal alien from El Salvador. Jose Menjiaur-Alas has not only been removed several times (only to return) but has racked up four drunk driving convictions during his various illegal stays in America. In fact, Menjiaur-Alas had pleaded guilty to one of those drunk driving charges just days before he killed his two victims. At the time of the offense, he was disqualified from driving. Unfortunately, the tragedy in Colorado is far from isolated.

Drunk driving is a major problem, aggravated greatly by illegal immigration. Statistics from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) show that between Fiscal Years 2018 and 2023, over 43,000 drunk driving offenses were logged. In fiscal year (FY) 2022, ICE reported that 175 illegal aliens were arrested for repeated DUI offenses. The statistics show that Jose Menjiaur-Alas is not alone in his tendency to break both U.S. immigration law and U.S. laws on drunk driving, and to do so repeatedly. The risk to Americans of all backgrounds is heightened by the lax attitude toward illegal immigration in some jurisdictions, especially so-called “sanctuary” jurisdictions, with ordinary Americans paying the price. One example is from Chicago.

In 2011, Mexican illegal alien Saul Chavez killed a 66- year-old Chicagoan in a drunk driving incident. Chavez had already been convicted of another DUI offense before this. Rather than detain him for ICE, the city authorities, as part of their sanctuary policy, simply released him once a bond was paid. This allowed Chavez to flee to Mexico, and he was only finally extradited to face justice in America in 2022, over a decade later. The victim’s brother Brian McCann said that “my anger is more directed at the fumbling and bumbling of Cook County [Chicago] agencies…I’m more angry at the system than the offender.”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/01/11/illegal-alien-drunk-driving
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson