Author Topic: The Climate Models Are Wrong  (Read 380 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Climate Models Are Wrong
« on: January 28, 2024, 08:13:25 pm »
Powerline 1/27/2024

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/01/the-climate-models-are-wrong.php

Dr. Roy Spencer, a top scientist specializing in climate, wrote a report for Heritage which he summarized on his own web site.

Spencer compared observed warming in the U.S. corn belt during the summer, between 1973 and 2022–a 50-year period–with the warming that was predicted by the major climate models. He found that all of the models yielded more warming than actually occurred, most to an absurd degree. This chart shows the results:

It should not need to be said that a model is not evidence of anything. A model is a hypothesis. Like any scientific hypothesis, it is confirmed or refuted by observation. A model that is refuted by observation is worthless. And yet, these models, which have repeatedly been shown to be wrong, are the basis for enormously destructive policies that have been adopted across much of the western world.

Someone pointed out with respect to these data–I would credit him, but I can’t now find the reference–that if it were simply a matter of mathematical errors or inconsistencies, one would expect some models to err on the “hot side” and others on the “cold side” of actual observations. But that isn’t the case: all of the models run hot. That suggest that global warming alarmism is a political, not a scientific, movement.

Online DB

Re: The Climate Models Are Wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 08:24:16 pm »
But there's money to be made!

A declining standard of living and increasing poverty come after the almighty dollar for the connected.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 08:44:03 pm »
Of course they're wrong... And I'll betcha the actual observed data falls neatly with in the margin of error too.

There is NO WAY they can really throw a saddle on something as wild and dynamic as the winds of the earth.

It is to laugh.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 09:30:08 pm »
Because CO2 driven warming is bunk theory, about as scientific as saying the Sun revolves around the Earth. I'd call it a religion if it wasn't anything but a scam by the elite class to off the rest of us and turn the Earth into their private playground.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 09:30:56 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 10:48:20 pm »
"The Climate Models Are Wrong"

They were designed and crafted to be "wrong", with the goal of presenting a particular point of view, with that viewpoint designed to acquire political influence and control...

(oops, wrote my reply after reading only the article's title...)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 10:49:15 pm by Fishrrman »