Author Topic: Princeton University Under Fire for "Deeply Chilling" Free-Speech Violations  (Read 835 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Princeton University Under Fire for "Deeply Chilling" Free-Speech Violations
Story by Alyssa Miller • 22h

The prestigious Princeton University is under fire from the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE) and the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) over alleged free-speech violations.

How tight is Princeton’s grasp on limiting free-speech to its students? Let’s get into it and what outside sources are trying to do to reiterate the free-expression policies put in place by the university.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/princeton-university-under-fire-for-deeply-chilling-free-speech-violations/ss-BB1hlJEi?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=832134a560894b6b8a62b7aa96de9ce3&ei=68
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The vast rightwing conspiracy is piling it on these poor Ivy League institutions of "higher learning" who are doing their best to educate young people in the principles of freedom. :bs:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

You'd be hard pressed to find a university - especially among the so-called "elite" ones - that isn't woke and full of snowflakes and anti-Semites.

Last month Stanford held a forum on combating anti-Semitism. By the night’s end, protesters had physically threatened Jewish students, harassed a rabbi, and told employees they would "find out where you live."  And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. ...

https://twitter.com/aaronsibarium/status/1758536207821103114
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, insofar as free speech goes, they've been acting like little Nazis, they got a boost from COVID rules, and now they've gone whole hog. Don't let them build any railroads...or ovens...hell, don't let them dig holes, either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis