Author Topic: Huge loss for DEI in federal court  (Read 196 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Huge loss for DEI in federal court
« on: January 28, 2024, 11:15:10 am »
Huge loss for DEI in federal court
© Provided by Washington Examiner

When even a liberal federal judge appointed by former President Barack Obama rules that diversity, equity, and inclusion practices can be illegal, it is time to recognize that most DEI regimes by design are invidiously discriminatory.

In a case that received too little attention, Judge Wendy Beetlestone of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania ruled this month that former Pennsylvania State University professor Zack De Piero had reasonable grounds to keep alive a lawsuit against the school based on its DEI practices. De Piero said DEI policies at the college essentially forced his resignation, and Beetlestone agreed the professor “plausibly alleged that he was subjected to a race-based hostile work environment.”

On the record as presented in De Piero v. Penn State, Beetlestone wrote, De Piero at least has a reasonable case, the full merits of which remain to be adjudicated, that he suffered “harassment that is ‘sufficiently severe or pervasive to alter the conditions of [the plaintiff’s] employment and create an abusive working environment.’”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/huge-loss-for-dei-in-federal-court/ar-BB1hmSQV?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=832134a560894b6b8a62b7aa96de9ce3&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson