Author Topic: $208 Billion Sought by California to Address Its Biggest Budget Deficit to Date  (Read 1323 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

$208 Billion Sought by California to Address Its Biggest Budget Deficit to Date
Story by Georgia McKoy • 21h

California faces a daunting fiscal challenge with a projected $37.9 billion budget deficit. Gov. Gavin Newsom, addressing the gravity of the situation, has proposed measures, including utilizing the state's reserve funds.   

His approach also contemplates delaying the minimum wage increase for health care workers, indicating the seriousness of the financial shortfall the state is facing.   

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/208-billion-sought-by-california-to-address-its-biggest-budget-deficit-to-date/ss-BB1hly7X?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=832134a560894b6b8a62b7aa96de9ce3&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats and rinos have run out of other people's money.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They'll just raise more taxes and fees.
It's the democrat way, especially here in TaxiCalifonication, no tax too large, no restriction on business to great(driving even more jobs out), and no limit on freebies to illegals possible. It wasn't that long ago that greaseball Noisome was telling us that California's deficit wasn't that bad after all and now this **nononono* Poor Noisome, without the democrats in power in congress Aunt Nancy can't bail poor Noisome out and hopefully that sinks this turds political future and gets more republicans elected in the state(doubtful). Unfortunately voters in the state have proven there is no limit to how much tax burden on themselves they will vote for.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How long until California has its first TRILLION-dollar deficit...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hey, Gavin. You broke it, you bought it.

Tough Titty.

Don't come looking to the rest of us for a bailout.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Hey, Gavin. You broke it, you bought it.

Tough Titty.

Don't come looking to the rest of us for a bailout.

Yup.

'Tough titty' is so apropos...

Maggie said it a bit more eloquently:
Sooner or later you run out of other people's money...

:yowsa: 888high58888

Online Hoodat

If only California could print up its own currency like the US government does.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-