Author Topic: Is NPR 'State-Affiliated Media'? Their Coverage of the Federal Debt Certainly Suggests as Much  (Read 419 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is NPR 'State-Affiliated Media'? Their Coverage of the Federal Debt Certainly Suggests as Much
Legacy media are no longer shrugging off concerns about the federal debt. But one media crown jewel informed listeners they had little to fear from this mountain of public debt.
Thursday, January 25, 2024

In late December, after US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen borrowed $90 billion in just one day, the federal government’s public debt eclipsed $34 trillion for the first time in history.

The steady accumulation of public debt has become a mainstay in modern America, seemingly as inevitable as death and taxes. But something strange happened when the US passed yet another trillion-dollar debt milestone.

“The federal debt starts the new year at a level that is hard to grasp: $34 trillion,” the New York Times declared in a piece titled “The Debt Matters Again,” and even “…federal deficits now look scarier.”

CNN, the Associated Press, and other legacy media outlets also reported on the debt situation, offering bleak soundbites.

https://fee.org/articles/is-npr-state-affiliated-media-their-coverage-of-the-federal-debt-certainly-suggests-as-much/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Too many in Washington believe in Modern Monetary Theory including the two party front runners for President

NPR will become concerned with the debt if Trump wins
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
NPR gets pretty uptight when people call them that on Twitter, so I say fair dinkum.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Is NPR 'State-Affiliated Media'?