Author Topic: Student Group Files Emergency Petition With Supreme Court Over West Point Race-Based  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Student Group Files Emergency Petition With Supreme Court Over West Point Race-Based Admissions

KATE ANDERSON
CONTRIBUTOR
January 27, 2024

Students for Fair Admissions (SFFA) filed an emergency petition with the Supreme Court Friday asking that the justices halt West Point’s race-based admissions policy as the lawsuit continues through the lower courts.

SFFA sued the military academy in September 2023, arguing that West Point’s admission policies are discriminatory based on race and violate the Fifth Amendment after winning a similar case at the Supreme Court in June. The student group asked the Supreme Court to prevent the academy from using race as a metric in admissions while the lawsuit goes through an appeals process in a lower court. (RELATED: Judge Declines To Block Race-Based Admissions At US Naval Academy)

“By January 31, this Court should enjoin respondents from considering the fact of an applicant’s race as a factor in admissions decisions, pending final disposition of the appeal by the Second Circuit,” the petition reads.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/27/student-group-emergency-petition-supreme-court-west-point-race-based-admissions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson