Author Topic: Navy to allow those without high school diploma or GED to enlist  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy to allow those without high school diploma or GED to enlist
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Jan 26, 06:20 PM

The Navy hopes the new standards will bring in more prospects during an historic recruiting crisis. (Navy)

The Navy said Friday that it will allow those without a high school diploma to enlist as long as they score a 50 or higher on the Armed Forces Qualification Test that all prospects must take, the latest move to boost recruitment in the face of an historic recruiting crisis reverberating across the services.

Those without a General Educational Development, or GED, credential will also be able to enlist, as long as they hit that test score threshold, according to the Chief of Naval Personnel’s office.

Federal law allows the military to recruit such applicants, and the Navy last allowed those without a diploma to enlist in 2000, according to CNP officials.

To date, the Navy is the only military branch currently seeking to recruit those without a high school diploma or GED as it works to expand the number of eligible candidates to join the service amid an historically challenging recruiting environment.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/01/26/navy-to-allow-those-without-high-school-diploma-or-ged-to-enlist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy to allow those without high school diploma or GED to enlist
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 06:58:52 pm »
Such high standards.  Are DEI candidates going to get picked first? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson