Author Topic: Software delay will reduce F-35 deliveries for a second straight year  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Software delay will reduce F-35 deliveries for a second straight year
Lockheed says the TR-3 upgrade, due last year, has slipped to third quarter of 2024.
PATRICK TUCKER | JANUARY 23, 2024
INDUSTRY AIR FORCE NAVY MARINE CORPS

The Pentagon will be getting fewer new F-35s again this year because already-tardy software won’t be ready until the third quarter of 2024, Lockheed officials said on Tuesday.

The company will deliver just 75 to 100 of the tri-service jets this year, mostly in its second half, CEO James Taiclet told investors on an earnings call. That’s down from the 147-to-153 range announced just three weeks ago, and likely even less than the 96 or so delivered last year against the same target.

The problem is with the Technology Rollout-3 software, part of the Block 4 improvements to the planes’ sensors and weapons. Jets equipped with TR-3 were originally to begin arriving in late 2023, a date that slipped last fall to April or June.

https://www.defenseone.com/business/2024/01/software-delays-will-reduce-f-35-deliveries-second-straight-year-lockheed-says/393562/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson