Author Topic: US carries out 'self-defense' strike against Houthi anti-ship missile: CENTCOM  (Read 368 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US carries out 'self-defense' strike against Houthi anti-ship missile: CENTCOM
Story by Landon Mion • 8h

The goal is to disrupt and degrade the Houthis’ abilities to conduct these attacks: Patrick Ryder

The U.S. military carried out a strike in Yemen on Saturday targeting a Houthi anti-ship missile that was aimed into the Red Sea and prepared to launch, according to U.S. Central Command.

The strike was conducted early Saturday morning in what CENTCOM described as a "self-defense" strike.

"On Jan. 27 at approximately 3:45 a.m. (Sanaa time), U.S. Central Command Forces conducted a strike against a Houthi anti-ship missile aimed into the Red Sea and which was prepared to launch," CENTCOM said in a statement.

US CARRIES OUT 'SELF-DEFENSE' STRIKE IN YEMEN AGAINST IRAN-BACKED HOUTHI MISSILES

"U.S. Forces identified the missile in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen, and determined it presented an imminent threat to merchant vessels and the U.S. Navy ships in the region," the statement continued. "U.S. Forces subsequently struck and destroyed the missile in self-defense. This action will protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy vessels and merchant vessels."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-carries-out-self-defense-strike-against-houthi-anti-ship-missile-centcom/ar-BB1hlhwP
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Those dresses the Houthis wear aren't very fashionable. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How about we hit the Iranian ship that's coordinating all this.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How about we hit the Iranian ship that's coordinating all this.

...with killing Houthi fighters along the way....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: