Author Topic: Snopes uses pretzel logic to explain Joe's Hard Hat picture.  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Snopes uses pretzel logic to explain Joe's Hard Hat picture.
« on: January 27, 2024, 02:45:20 pm »
Anyone who has ever worn a hard hat knows the answer is "True".

President Joe Biden wore a hard hat backwards during a photo op with union construction workers in Superior, Wisconsin.

After U.S. President Joe Biden and Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., visited a construction site in Superior, Wisconsin, on Jan. 25, 2024, to unveil the administration's $5 billion infrastructure plan, Klobuchar posted a photo on X (formerly Twitter) of herself, Biden and a group of construction workers celebrating in a local barroom.

Social media users not particularly friendly to the president were quick to identify what they took to be a gaffe on Biden's part: He appeared to be wearing a hard hat backwards.

The photo is genuine. And it does look, at first glance, like Biden was wearing that hard hat backwards. But after comparing it to other photos and videos of the same event, we were forced to reach the opposite conclusion: The hat on Biden's head was facing forward, bill to the front, not backward.

We identified it as the same hard hat worn by one of the construction workers Biden met that day. Here's a photo. Compare the arrangement of the stickers :

Read the rest of the spin at snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-wear-hardhat-backwards/

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Snopes uses pretzel logic to explain Joe's Hard Hat picture.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 07:16:52 pm »
Nice try, but the "additional photos" suggest to me he had the hat on backwards.  Their own evidence does not support their claim.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 07:32:20 pm »
Nice try, but the "additional photos" suggest to me he had the hat on backwards.  Their own evidence does not support their claim.

Joe has been a long haul trucker and an oil field worker so he knows how to wear a hard hat.  right?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 10:46:51 pm »
Joe was waiting for Y.M.C.A. by the Village People to start playing.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2024, 09:08:56 pm »
Snopes eats crow after backlash!

https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-tongues-wagging-biden-030400724.html

Rating: True
Editor's Note: We received a ton of comments in a very short time challenging our assumption that wearing a hard hat "backwards" means wearing it with the brim facing to the rear, and "forwards" means wearing it brim to the front. On the basis of that assumption, we originally rated the claim that Biden was wearing a hard hat backwards as false.

The prevailing counter-argument is that if the suspension of the hat has been purposely configured by its owner such that the bill and tightening knob are worn to the back (as was the case of the hat Biden wore), to wear that hat with the bill facing forward is, practically speaking, to wear it backwards. Therefore, it's argued, it's actually true that, in the photo op discussed below, Biden was wearing it backwards. The strap and tightening knob, which should have been behind Biden's head, were on his forehead.

A corollary to that argument is "Biden looks d*mn silly in any case."

We find these arguments sound. Therefore, the claim "President Joe Biden wore a hard hat backwards during a photo op with union construction workers in Superior, Wisconsin" is true, and this fact check has been re-rated as such. Thanks to all who argued on behalf of this correction.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2024, 09:47:53 pm »
Who believes anything 'Snopes' says anyways.  They've been unreliable for decades. :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2024, 09:48:41 pm »
Who believes anything 'Snopes' says anyways.  They've been unreliable for decades. :shrug:

Yeah, but it's fun when they are forced to admit it.....
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2024, 09:49:25 pm »

:laugh: Indeed
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2024, 10:08:08 pm »
Problem is that the closest thing to a hard hat these soybouys have ever seen is a flavored condom.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2024, 11:00:47 pm »
This is backwards.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

AMERICAN NEWS Jan 27, 2024
Snopes REVERSES 'fact check' claiming Joe Biden didn’t wear hard hat backwards
The fact-check outlet had previously stated Biden wore the hat in standard fashion.

Misinformation hall-monitor website Snopes was forced to reverse a fact-check on Saturday after making the false claim the Joe Biden did not wear a hard hat backwards during a recent photo-op with construction workers.

When Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) posted the photo of Biden to X with several other construction workers, users responded slamming Biden for wearing the hard hat backwards. 

One user zoomed into the photo and posted, "Why his hard hat is wore backward?"

Others were quick to respond to Biden's often middle-class image that is portrayed in media, saying, "Hat backwards because 'he’s a man of the people.'"

https://thepostmillennial.com/snopes-reverses-fact-check-claiming-joe-biden-didnt-wear-hard-hat-backwards?utm_campaign=64487
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll bet his press secretary will say wearing hats backwards is cool these days and that is what he was doing. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod5

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2024, 05:39:57 pm »
Merged.