Author Topic: Democrat Demands Recall of Chicago Mayor as Migrant Crisis Explodes  (Read 2109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Democrat Demands Recall of Chicago Mayor as Migrant Crisis Explodes
Story by Matthew Impelli • 22h

Illinois House of Representatives candidate Andre Smith has demanded a recall of Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson on Friday amid an influx of migrants in the city.

"Our mayor has no plan now; he's having panic attacks. We need to actually recall the mayor," Smith, a Democrat and the founder of the Chicago Against Violence organization, said on Fox & Friends. "It's a disaster, and it all falls on the mayor, Brandon Johnson; that's why I'm pushing strongly that we repeal the mayor."

Smith, who is running for election in the Illinois House of Representatives for District 5, said that while he is a Democrat, he believes in choice but also supports "shutting and closing the border."

"When I'm out talking to people, residents and voters, they're frustrated, they're angry, they feel left out and forgotten about. They feel that the mayor, Brandon Johnson, took their votes and their voice and did not allow them to vote whether they wanted a sanctuary city or not," Smith said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/democrat-demands-recall-of-chicago-mayor-as-migrant-crisis-explodes/ar-BB1hj1Gb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d501ed2afad7413bb2f2c8198dcb4557&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Democrat Demands Recall of Chicago Mayor as Migrant Crisis Explodes
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 12:13:36 pm »
It's just campaign rhetoric.  If elected, he'll fall into line like good democrats and rinos everywhere.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 07:58:26 pm »
This would be the second recall of a mayor for Chicago in a decade

Maybe the citizens of Chicago need to simply change their voting patterns
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 08:13:55 pm »

This what you get when you choose a man for the color of his skin and not his character.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 03:44:19 am »

@LMAO

It's Chicago. What is it that makes you so sure there are real people voting?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 06:45:03 am »
Illinois House of Representatives candidate Andre Smith has demanded a recall of Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson on Friday amid an influx of migrants in the city.

Your mayor is doing EXACTLY what he campaigned to do.  And YOU voted for it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 01:32:36 pm »
@LMAO

It's Chicago. What is it that makes you so sure there are real people voting?

No, these people vote this way. Sure, some citizens of the cemeteries cast ballots.

But this is what the majority of these voters cities vote for
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy