Author Topic: A new global gender divide is emerging. Young men and young women’s world views are pulling apart. T  (Read 1158 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.ft.com/content/29fd9b5c-2f35-41bf-9d4c-994db4e12998

by John Burn-Murdoch
January 26, 2024

In countries on every continent, an ideological gap has opened up between young men and women. Tens of millions of people who occupy the same cities, workplaces, classrooms and even homes no longer see eye-to-eye.

In the US, Gallup data shows that after decades where the sexes were each spread roughly equally across liberal and conservative world views, women aged 18 to 30 are now 30 percentage points more liberal than their male contemporaries. That gap took just six years to open up.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Not surprised

Liberalism and progressivism are feelings based ideologies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is not the least bit surprising.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Too much soy, not enough red meat and exercise...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ScottinVA

No surprise there.  Young women are charmed by the promise (however false) that Daddy Government will care for them from cradle to grave.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Are these real young men and women, or ersatz makeovers?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Too much soy, not enough red meat and exercise...

Starbucks is the new saltpeter for gen z.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Throw in social media, where adult women can be forever in the cliquey, catty Jr. High cheerleading squad with Kaley, Bailey, and Haley and never actually have to grow up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is a result of Democrats framing all things possible in purely emotional terms.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Funny as I see things going the other way, and I am encouraged. Gen z is far more conservative, far more gender oriented, seeking out the old ways. Respect for elders, respect for genders, respect of genteel societal roles - maybe not in the rigid Southern sense, but it is surely there... Young churches springing up...

When it swings, the pendulum is going to have a slamming effect.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@roamer_1  is right. The Roaring Twenties gave us the conservative 50's. The fifties gave us the 60s and 70s.

History is cyclical. Plus if you watch any of those reality TV dating shows like 90 Day fiancé, people look for spouses in other countries because they don't want to date someone who is from America.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds good to me.

Let these young males wise up and drive feminism back down into the kitchen.

Offline roamer_1

Look at Jordan B Peterson... He rings like a bell in young men. WHY?

And look at the Tradwife thing going on now in social media... Ringing like a bell to young women. WHY?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NOPE!

Not gonna do it.

Staying the HELL out of this one. Too old,fat,and crippled-up to run fast enough to get away.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
NOPE!

Not gonna do it.

Staying the HELL out of this one. Too old,fat,and crippled-up to run fast enough to get away.

Same.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Funny as I see things going the other way, and I am encouraged. Gen z is far more conservative, far more gender oriented, seeking out the old ways. Respect for elders, respect for genders, respect of genteel societal roles - maybe not in the rigid Southern sense, but it is surely there... Young churches springing up...

When it swings, the pendulum is going to have a slamming effect.

The pendulum can't swing fast enough.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1