Author Topic: breaking- Jury finds Trump should pay $83.3 million to E. Jean Carroll  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Jury awards E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million from Trump for 2019 defamatory statements
From CNN’s Lauren del Valle and Kara Scannell
Former President Donald Trump should pay $83.3 million to writer E. Jean Carroll for public statements he made in 2019 disparaging Carroll and denying her rape allegations, a Manhattan federal jury determined Friday.

The jury found Trump should pay Carroll compensatory damages of $18.3 million — $11 million to fund a reputational repair campaign and $7.3 million for the emotional harm caused by Trump’s 2019 public statements.

Trump should also pay $65 million in punitive damages for acting maliciously in making the statements about Carroll, the jury found.

The total is more than eight times what Carroll asked for in her initial lawsuit.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-trial-e-jean-carroll-01-26-24/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: breaking- Jury finds Trump should pay $83.3 million to E. Jean Carroll
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 09:57:17 pm »
Unbelievable
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 11:03:53 pm »
Very believable.  The Orange spoiled rich brat can't keep his yap shut.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 02:11:14 am »
I'm sure he can afford it
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 02:47:16 am »
I'm sure he can afford it

And if he can’t there’s a Republican legislator in Florida who actually believes the taxpayers of Florida should pay his legal fees
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 12:56:31 pm »
And if he can’t there’s a Republican legislator in Florida who actually believes the taxpayers of Florida should pay his legal fees

or maybe the GOP can pick up his legal bills.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 01:40:44 pm »
The Orange boob has reportedly spent over 57 million of other peoples money on his various defenses.  Pretty soon he'll have to start a "Go Fund Me' page.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline American Girl

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 01:48:19 pm »
E. Jean Carroll loved Trump until he decided to run for office, all his friends turned their backs on him, and she learned that she could make a lot of money by lying about him and then suing him for defamation after he denied those lies and called her a liar.

https://www.usasupreme.com/screenshot-old-resurfaced-tweet-reveals-that-e-jean-carroll-loved-trump-until-he-decided-to-run-for-office/

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 03:15:34 pm »
This award, combined with the NY fraud case will approach half a billion dollars.  The party does NOT have money to waste on Trump’s courtroom antics, and I suspect he will eventually lose every damned one of the criminal trials, because is a total moron of a defendant. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 03:27:16 pm »
Unbelievable amount, but not able to keep his pie hole shut has been his curse. And he still can't learn from it. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 03:41:49 pm »
Unbelievable amount, but not able to keep his pie hole shut has been his curse. And he still can't learn from it.

What did Ron White say.  he has the right....but not the ability.  Trump in a nutshell.  He's like an orange Baby Huey.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2024, 03:44:16 pm »
This award, combined with the NY fraud case will approach half a billion dollars.  The party does NOT have money to waste on Trump’s courtroom antics, and I suspect he will eventually lose every damned one of the criminal trials, because is a total moron of a defendant.

I think that Trump knows he’s probably not gonna win this election so he’s deciding to entertain his base instead
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2024, 06:49:26 pm »
I was thinking, with this whole Trump fiasco, maybe just maybe we should reexamine how useful Talk Radio is nowadays. I mean they are the ones who want Trump. They are the ones who pushed and still pushing Trump.

I'm talking about Beck, Levin, Hannity, Bongino, and others...

Personally I think it is time to kick them out. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2024, 06:56:52 pm »
I was thinking, with this whole Trump fiasco, maybe just maybe we should reexamine how useful Talk Radio is nowadays. I mean they are the ones who want Trump. They are the ones who pushed and still pushing Trump.

I'm talking about Beck, Levin, Hannity, Bongino, and others...

Personally I think it is time to kick them out.

I don't listen to any of their shows. You don't have to either.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2024, 07:17:37 pm »

That does seem to be an excessive amount stemming from an accusation but none of us know is true or not

However, Trump has over 25 accusations of some form of sexual impropriety over the last few decades. No one can tell for sure what really happened between Trump and these women, but are all these women lying and Trump is the gentleman?

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 07:18:26 pm »
I don't listen to any of their shows

Same here.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2024, 07:40:33 pm »
I don't listen to any of their shows. You don't have to either.

Exactly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2024, 10:11:29 pm »

You're right, and I ain't saying otherwise.
But this may be a play.

Inept lawyering, allowing a ridiculous judgement, and stupendously absurd fine...
Ripe ground on appeal. Step away from the regimented liberal leaning local jurisdiction, and his appeal becomes a slam-dunk.
They gave him both barrels and he let em. It's so obviously unfair and absurd.

Or it is what it is, and he is that inept.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 10:12:37 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2024, 11:07:59 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you, E Jean Carrol.  The mentally deranged sex addict who talks about her “rape fantasies”, paints the trees and rocks in her yard blue, and has a cat named Vagina, and a dog named Tits. You can’t make this up. This is Trumps accuser.
She's also accused a dozen or so other men of having raped her. Talk about fantasies!

https://twitter.com/TalkMullins/status/1751028933653389812
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2024, 11:10:37 pm »
15 Facts About E. Jean Carroll’s Allegations Against Trump the Media Don’t Want You to Know

E. Jean Carroll’s second defamation lawsuit closed on Friday as a New York jury determined that former President Donald Trump owes her $83.3 million for defaming her in 2019. However, what has continually fallen under the radar is the fact that there are serious concerns with the woman’s entire story. Yet, she was awarded tens of millions of dollars.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/27/15-facts-about-e-jean-carrolls-allegations-against-trump-media-dont-want-you-know/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2024, 11:17:55 pm »
Tara Reade 🐎
@ReadeAlexandra
I am appalled at the justice system and the elite predator class like Reid Hoffman’s hold over it. Americans better know this is gross injustice.
Meanwhile, I can’t even get an investigation into Joe Biden who raped me when I was his staffer in 1993.
4:11 AM · Jan 27, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2024, 11:42:04 pm »
Inept lawyering, allowing a ridiculous judgement, and stupendously absurd fine...
Ripe ground on appeal. Step away from the regimented liberal leaning local jurisdiction, and his appeal becomes a slam-dunk.
They gave him both barrels and he let em. It's so obviously unfair and absurd.

Or it is what it is, and he is that inept.

Trump’s ineptitude is what led to a spectacularly poor result.  He and his team could not have played this worse if they tried.  Furthermore, it looks like the same clueless attorneys will handle the appeal in the 2nd circuit, which is primarily democrat.  If he continues to yap, he could face yet another lawsuit by the same plaintiff. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2024, 12:35:54 am »
Trump’s ineptitude is what led to a spectacularly poor result.  He and his team could not have played this worse if they tried.  Furthermore, it looks like the same clueless attorneys will handle the appeal in the 2nd circuit, which is primarily democrat.  If he continues to yap, he could face yet another lawsuit by the same plaintiff.

That's all right, but he's a con. It may be a long play.

Or not.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2024, 01:07:46 am »
Jury awards E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million from Trump for 2019 defamatory statements
From CNN’s Lauren del Valle and Kara Scannell
Former President Donald Trump should pay $83.3 million to writer E. Jean Carroll for public statements he made in 2019 disparaging Carroll and denying her rape allegations, a Manhattan federal jury determined Friday.

The jury found Trump should pay Carroll compensatory damages of $18.3 million — $11 million to fund a reputational repair campaign and $7.3 million for the emotional harm caused by Trump’s 2019 public statements.

Trump should also pay $65 million in punitive damages for acting maliciously in making the statements about Carroll, the jury found.

The total is more than eight times what Carroll asked for in her initial lawsuit.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-trial-e-jean-carroll-01-26-24/index.html

@Gefn

"I AM WOMAN,HERE ME BITCH AND WHINE!"

Gee,I wonder if she is going to lose at the appeal?

Not that it matters to anyone but her. To all her allies,it is nothing more than an excuse to go after "Rude Orange Rich Man" and keep him out of the WH.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2024, 01:09:05 am »

@Cato in PA

Is that you,Joe?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!