Author Topic: US Coast Guard rescues 33 people from sinking vessel in deep water  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Coast Guard rescues 33 people from sinking vessel in deep water
ByJon Haworth ABCNews logo
Thursday, January 25, 2024 1:30PM

The United States Coast Guard rescued 33 people from a sinking vessel in deep water when their boat began taking on water and sinking.

The incident occurred on Monday when Coast Guard District Seven watchstanders received notification from the crew of Coast Guard Cutter Dependable after they encountered a sailing vessel taking on water with 33 people on board approximately six miles north of Cap-Hatien near the Haiti coast, according to a statement from the U.S. Coast Guard.

Pictures of the scene show inclement weather at the time of the rescue with the Dependable's crew members pulling people aboard while their boat was taking on water.

https://abc7.com/us-coast-guard-rescues-33-people-from-sinking-vessel-in-deep-water/14359798/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Coast Guard rescues 33 people from sinking vessel in deep water
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 03:13:49 pm »
Were they brought here to finish their journey?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson