Author Topic: Marine Corps’ Gen. Mahoney vows to get V-22s flying again amid Pentagon-wide grounding  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps’ Gen. Mahoney vows to get V-22s flying again amid Pentagon-wide grounding
“What I will guarantee from [a] Marine Corps perspective is all the information, all the data will be duly analyzed and treated to get that airplane back into flight as soon as possible," said Gen. Christopher Mahoney, assistant commandant of the Marine Corps.
By   JUSTIN KATZ
on January 25, 2024 at 2:21 PM
RIMPAC 2022 Amphibious Raid WASHINGTON — Amid a Pentagon-wide grounding of the V-22 fleet, the second most senior Marine, an aviator himself, vowed the service will get the “revolutionary platform” flying safely again, arguing the fix for “hard clutch engagements” being installed on the planes right now has corrected the key issue at the center of several mishaps.

“We have had issues with hard clutch engagements, but we have rectified that to a 99 percentile eventuality of not happening with input quill assemblies being replaced at the 800-hour mark,” Marine Corps Gen. Christopher Mahoney told an audience at the Hudson Institute today. “What I will guarantee from [a] Marine Corps perspective is all the information, all the data will be duly analyzed and treated to get that airplane back into flight as soon as possible.”

Mahoney is the assistant commandant of the Marine Corps and effectively the acting commandant until Gen. Eric Smith recovers from his recent heart surgery. He’s also a career aviator with flight hours in the V-22 Osprey and defended the platform, despite the spate of mishaps over the past two years. Variants of the V-22 are flown by the Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force as well as by foreign militaries such as the Japanese.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/01/marine-corps-gen-mahoney-vows-to-get-v-22s-flying-again-amid-pentagon-wide-grounding/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will he lie about them even if they still aren't safe? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson